Friday, January 1, 2010

I've charted!

New Year's Day and I have charted. Checked the charts on youwriteon.com and I am in joint 20th. I had hoped to rank higher but there is still lots to do and further edits and reviews will hopefully see my piece climb the charts and gain a proper appraisal.

One of my reviewers put me onto a website that might help. WWW.WORDLE.NET.

This site does a pictorial representation of the number of occurances of specific words in your text. For me it helped to point out that I had over-used and abused 'just'. 'look/looked' and 'back'. I would never have spotted this had it not been for the reviewer and I can tell you that the piece was riddled with these words, like lice in what might otherwise be a perfectly good head of hair.

I used to ask myself 'where do I start?' when I sought to edit my own work. Now with the help of youwriteon.com I have had nine people tell me where I should start and it has been very helpful.

No comments:

Post a Comment