Friday, January 15, 2010

Doing my nut in.

Gah! I shot up the charts to number sixteen, then back down to twenty and now I have settled at number eighteen - a full eight places away from a proper review by Orion or Random House of my piece.

The real frustration is that I have reviewed over 50 pieces on http://www.youwriteon.com/ and I have only been reviewed 15 times. That is a majorly frustrating deficit.

What seems to happen a lot on this review site is that somebody takes on your piece to review and then just leaves it for four days, at which point the review expires and your piece goes back into the pool. So you've spent four days where you know someone has your piece(but not who) and then you're left flatter than a chapati when your piece flops back to you, unloved.

Gah!

I have three of the Bubble stories up on YWO now -
Green-eyed Goopers and Eight legged Narls
The Unmistakable Invisible Energy Vampires
The Flesh-eating Diplomat from Outer Space.

Think I'll send 'em on to Andersen press. Chris Riddell is one of their authors and if he could illustrate these then we would be minted. Then again, Chris Riddell could illustrate anything and it would sell millions.

Here goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment