Tuesday, December 15, 2009

further reviews and thoughts

Well, the reviews have reached 6 now and it is mostly positive.


Review 5
I probably should have waited until I got this one assigned because barring a couple of minor punctuation nits I thought it was hilarious. I smiled through most of it, well, except through the eww-factor when the green gooper exploded, but when I came to kakapoop birds, that did it. A belly buster. I had to actually say it out loud to get it though. I still remember when my daughter was a baby and we did the kaka—poo—poo thing. Good stuff there.”

Review 6
Liked this one a lot - it was light-hearted, funny, deliciously silly and full of energy. I didn't expect it to be a short story, don't know why - perhaps the beginning felt a bit like it was the beginning of a longer piece - the detail about Greta, also having a lot of dialogue both made me expect that I wouldn't see the end of the story by the end of the extract (though maybe I haven't...)
I thoroughly enjoyed it and I reckon it's definitely one of the most fun excerpts I've read on here! Oh and the ending was fab! made me laugh out loud. Thanks a lot for the read
***************

Coming up to Christmas now and that time of year where I plan to do a lot of writing because of some theoretical free time that I imagine will fall to me throughout the period. I normally wake up in January, say 'whassat?', spit feathers out of my mouth, shower and then return to work.

Not this year! (I'm laughing at myself even as I make that ridiculous commit.)
This year will be different! (Slapping my thigh and having trouble catching my breath, I am laughing so much.)

This year I will write every night. (Sure you will)

I will you know. (Yeah sure.)

1 comment:

  1. Keep up the good work. You deserve the praise and salutations of the Season! If you were in Galway, now, you'd have no writers' centre and you'd be attacked from all sides by 'anonymous' e-mails and the like. You would be considered by the Arts Council to be 'divisive' if you wrote about the arts' scene in local papers. It's hard to get out from under the disappointment of all that. Keep the faith!

    ReplyDelete