Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Fourth Review and four stars

"I thought this was quite a jolly little children’s story. The pitch and language seemed just about right for your target audience, though I did find the first page a little confusing. Perhaps you just need to establish the setting a little bit more because it was not overly clear to me where they were.

There are some good lines. I particularly liked:

Granddad had taught him very well in the art of launching…hadn’t done very much yet in the art of landing but he would worry about that later.

Though, I didn’t like the line where he (Robert) tells her to belt up. I think your average 7 year old might find that a bit obvious (and unfunny). I could be wrong.

I liked the way you closed this out. That Granddad, he’s a card, isn’t he?

Good luck with this.

Mike"

As this was my fourth review I got to see a general rating of my MS. It was 4 stars out of 5. Is that good? I don't know. To stand a chance of consideration for the Youwriteon.com top ten and win a review from a publisher I need 4 more reviews and they are certainly not coming thick and fast so it may take several weeks before I learn whether I'll be in with a chance.

It is budget day today. I wonder if the IMF has an Arts Department?

1 comment: