Friday, November 27, 2009

My first review on Youwriteon.com

"The story grabs straightaway your attention. The protagonists seem lovable. Angela and robert despite being brother and sister are working well as a team. The only thing I thought weird is that while they are playing in a room where they are no adults they are watching the news. Would any kids do that? I'm not sure but then it's the start of your story. The story is well written and flows well. It is highly readable and I'm sure the target audience will enjoy this story. The dialogues are plausible (as realistic as possible within the context of the story"

Interestingly enough, the lady who gave this review was also new to the site. Her own book, entitled "The Bitch of The Week" was put up for review and I did a free-will review just to thank her for taking the time to review mine. I was polite and constructive.

It would appear that someone else also reviewed it and in 1000 words utterly destroyed her confidence. She posted a message on the message board stating that she was shocked and then she withdrew her work from the site and scarpered.

It would be easy for me to say that she needs to grow a few more layers of skin but I wonder how I will react when the first reviewer decides to savage me?


****

On the publisher and agent front, it has been a long time since I have received a rejection. Not since the 14th of October in fact. I'll have to send out more submissions.

****

No comments:

Post a Comment